`CAMPGROUND OWNER SPOTLIGHT: SEAN VIDRINE
To have your park recognized as a Plan-It Green Friendly Park, you must meet at least nine (9) of the following 16 eco-friendly criteria:
- Demonstrates and communicates conservation, recycling practices to employees, guests.
- Park provides recycle bins for cans, paper, glass and plastic
- Park uses energy-saving products and appliances
- Park uses motion sensors or other lighting control devices
- Park uses non-toxic biodegradable cleaning products
- Park invests in landscaping practices and techniques that minimize water usage
- Park landscaping consists of wood chip, pebble, paved, or grass paths
- Park uses post-consumer recycled products
- Park participates in on-site organic composting
- Park utilizes energy efficient lighting products and solutions
- Park uses programmable devices and/or timers for thermostats and/or sprinkler systems
- Park utilizes renewable energy power sources
- Park uses low voltage lighting kits to light walkways, patios, decks, etc.
- Park uses water-saving faucets, toilets, shower heads, water heaters and/or laundry
- Park utilizes recycled water systems
- Park recycles hazardous waste materials (i.e.: batteries, electronics, toxic chemicals)
To be considered for the program, you’ll need to provide specific examples of how your park is addressing these criteria. Once your application is submitted, an OHI staff member will review it to ensure that the park qualifies. Approved parks will be awarded a special badge on their GoCampingAmerica.com listing and Plan-It-Green designated parks are then eligible to apply for an award of excellence (presented at OHCE each year). This is a great way to promote your park and to do more for the environment. We’d love to see your park join us in the OHI Plan-It Green Friendly Park Program!