- MARKETING your Guest Experience
- Creating STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES that ensure the best guest experience.
- Foundational Managing principles including HIRING PROCEDURES, EMPLOYEE TRAINING and LEADERSHIP
- Managing on a daily basis including WORKING WITH A BUDGET and RECREATION ACTIVITIES
- Keeping guests safe through RISK MANAGEMENT and ADA awareness
Feb. 25 – Mar. 1, 2024
Oglebay Resort, Wheeling, WV
Your park is growing, and so should you. Get the tools you need to enhance your skills through a high-quality, in-person cohort program. Taught by industry experts focusing on business management principles and practices as applied to the outdoor hospitality industry. You’ll learn the competencies necessary to operate a thriving Outdoor Hospitality business.
YEAR 1 (OHM)
YEAR 2 (OHP)
- ANALYZING MARKETING approaches
- Infrastructure, conservation, and business ethics
- Managing principles including EMPLOYMENT LAW and TRAINING AND PERFORMANCE, and WORKING THROUGH CHALLENGING EMPLOYMENT CONVERSATIONS
- Year 2 will revisit Risk Management and ADA but will dive deeper into the long-term strategic impacts.
- CREATING A BUDGET and understanding FINANCE OPPORTUNITIES for business growth and Determining your ROE.
Earn the highest designation outdoor hospitality offers by completing year one (OHM) and year two (OHP) at the George O’Leary National School but don’t stop there. Attain the OHE (Outdoor Hospitality Executive) designation by completing a peer reviewed self-study program that you can do on your own time. Apply what you have learned to a passion project and demonstrate the knowledge you have gained by sharing with your peers.